Coventry & Warwick Riga VC is looking to appoint a new Ladies National League coach.
About the role:
The coaching role is to work with our established Ladies National League Division 3 team to run trainings and match day coaching. Typically training is Tuesday evenings (7.30 – 9.30pm) at Centre AT7 in Coventry and matches are on weekends (every 3 weeks or so) in Coventry or at the away venue in a triangular format.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver a training programme over the season. These sessions are held from August to the end of April and this role would be expected to deliver the majority of the sessions.
The role is voluntary but you would be joining with the support and infrastructure of the Club including established players, venue and a dedicated committee.
- Deliver high standard of technical coaching for the various players
- Design and deliver a training programme across the season which develops technical, tactical and physical skills of the team
- Match day coaching of the team to assist the team in reaching its goals in competitive competition
- Collaborating with Ladies Division 1 coach on training and player development
- Drive towards specific goals agreed by the club committee
- Volleyball England Qualified Level 1 or above (if Level 1 coach should have a willingness to work towards Level 2). If you have the skills and experience the Club is willing to support you obtaining your Level 1
- Able to attend training weekly and matches on weekends
- Experience in coaching competitive adult teams
- Always have a current DBS check (this can be completed by successful candidate on appointment)
- Willingness to work with both experienced players and junior/development players to ensure sustainability of the squad.
About the team:
Our Div 3 Ladies Team has been growing in success, year on year.
After winning the regional league, they moved to NVL Division 3, where last year they finished mid-table. In the new season, they’re looking to keep making progress 💪 This is a very friendly, strong team, looking for guidance, growth and support from each other.
Applying for the role
Not quite what you’re looking for?