As you know, we’re a 100% volunteer-led club. For next season, we’d like to see more of our members involved in running Riga, and as such, we’d love to open up all our committee roles to you. A few of us have been doing these roles for a long, long time, and we’d welcome a change! Plus, we need varied skills to make sure we are always on the right track, in the right way!
If you love volleyball, if you want to make this club an even better place for the people who use its services and further the impact it has on your local community… Please consider joining us 🙂
We make paid contributions to help cover the expenses of our appointed coach staff for training sessions and games. The committee is currenly considering expanding this scheme to more roles, provided the proposal is sustainable for the club.
If you’re interested, please drop us a message via the form at the bottom of the website and we can start a conversation!
The roles, in a nutshell:
- Club Chairperson – This person steers us, is part of strategic planning conversations and has key decision-making duties in all our committee plans.
- General Secretary – Share information with the club’s members and look after the admin side of things. This can be as big or as small as you’d like it to be!
- Club Treasurer – Help make Riga a Club that has solid, healthy and accurate finances through managing money and the records of it all.
- Club Development Officer – Grow volleyball in our area and give people more (or better) opportunities to get into volleyball and advance in it.
- Junior Development Officer – Work with our Development Officer to create a program of success for our junior players.
- Club Welfare Officer – Create a safe space for players to enjoy and implement good safeguarding practices for all our members.
- Team Manager (for your respective team!) – Liaise with other clubs for match days and work with the coach closely to help the team have a great playing experience!
- Recreational Session Coordinator – Make the recreational sessions happen by being the person who answers the WhatsApp group, brings the balls and starts the session!
- Events Manager – Go beyond volleyball. You’ll look to keep our members happy and engaged through social events. This role can be as big as you want to make it.
- Coach – Either as lead or as an assistant, we always welcome enquiries from people interested to coach our teams or our Juniors! We can help you advance professional development as a coach too! Right now we’re especially keen to find a coach interested in developing our Men’s teams.
- Web admin – Keep our website up to date and help us improve it!
If you’re keen to read the in depth role descriptions, please take a look at them as part of the current club constitution: https://rigavolleyball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Club_Handbook-2022_23.pdf.
Get in touch with us by the 14th of July 2023 (before our AGM) if you’re interested!
The club can continue running and have a positive impact on you and the local community because of a bunch of folks who dedicate the time to making everything Riga happen! If you’d like to be one of them, please let us know!
Jules, Riga General Secretary
👉 Nothing sounds quite right for you? Tell us how you think you can help! We’re always on the lookout for members who can help us move forward with skills that go beyond our current role descriptions.