Update: This position is now filled, but we are also looking for a coach for our men’s teams. If you’re interested, please take a look at that role here.
Coventry & Warwick Riga VC is looking to appoint a new National League coach.
Coventry & Warwick Riga is a thriving Club in the West Midlands with four national league teams and an ever-growing junior programme. We are looking for an additional member to join our coaching team and to specifically work with the Women’s Division 2 National Volleyball League squad.
About the role
The coaching role is to work with our established Ladies National League Division 2 team to run training sessions and provide match day coaching.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver a training programme over the volleyball season, held from August to the end of April. This role is expected to deliver the majority of the sessions throughout the season.
Training is currently on a Monday evening, however we will work with the appointed coach to agree on the best day to hold the training session, based on their availability. Matches are on Saturdays or Sundays (single headers).
We make paid contributions to help cover the expenses of our appointed coach staff for training sessions and games.
- Deliver high standard of technical coaching for the various players
- Design and deliver a training programme across the season which develops technical, tactical and physical skills of the team
- Match day coaching of the team to assist the team in reaching its goals in competitive competition
- Collaborating with Superleague Ladies coach on training and player development
- Drive towards specific goals agreed by the club committee
- Provide leadership and guidance to players to ensure team morale is high and the team works together.
- Have a Volleyball England Level 1 coaching qualification or above. If you have the skills, entusiasm and experience, and can commit to coaching but don’t yet have this qualification, the club can support you in achieving your Level 1.
- Able to attend training weekly and matches on weekends
- Experience in coaching competitive adult teams
- Always have a current DBS check (this can be completed by the club on appointment)
- Willingness to work with both experienced players and junior/development players to ensure the sustainability of the squad
About the team
Our Div 2 Ladies Team has been growing in success, year on year.
After winning the regional league, they moved to NVL Division 3 and were promoted to Division 2 in 2022! For the new 2023/24 season this team is proud and fired up to fight in Division 2 for another season.
This is a very friendly, resilient and strong team, looking for guidance, growth and support from each other and their coach.
About Coventry & Warwick Riga Volleyball Club
You would be joining with the support and infrastructure of the Club including established players, venue and a dedicated committee that continues to give the club opportunities for growth at both team and individual levels.
Applying for the role
To find out more and apply, please email email@example.com giving us some background about your volleyball journey and why you’re interested in the role. We’d love to have you as part of our Club and team!
Applications close on 31st July 2023 or sooner should we find the right candidate.