Coventry and Warwick Riga Volleyball Club is run fully by volunteers. We run various sessions for everyone’s enjoyment of the sport and to keep us all safe and ensure we’re all able to enjoy the sport we put in place plans and risk assessments. At the heart of our plans is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of each of you attending the sessions. Therefore, we’ve set out a few basic rules that everyone should follow when attending sessions so that we keep each other safe. By attending the sessions you agree to follow these rules. If people do not follow the rules and put other participants at risk then you may be asked not to attend the sessions.
- Attending sessions
If you need advice on the right session for your volleyball playing experience please use the Contact Us function. We are happy to offer advice and if we can’t offer you the right session then we will do our best to help you find a Club that can.
All players, coaches, officials, volunteers and spectators must follow our codes of conduct during sessions. These can be found here. Please book your spot at a session in advance by via the website (www.rigavolleyball.com) using the “Book a Session” feature. For some sessions we need to limit numbers to meet our health and safety requirements – the website will detail the number of spaces available for each session and will state when it is fully booked. Where relevant, for sessions you will also pay online in advance of attending the session. For junior sessions payment is online in advance for the block of sessions. Please do not book a slot unless you know you can make it so that we can maximise the ability for everyone to play as much as possible. If you can no longer make it please log back into your account and cancel the session to free up a space for someone else to attend.
Prior to attending each session you must undergo a self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms. If you, or someone you live with, has symptoms of COVID-19 (as set out below) or is in isolation or quarantine you must not attend the session. You must follow the NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation:
• A high temperature
• A new, continuous cough
• A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
2. Volleyball sessions
During sessions you should comply with all venue guidance while in and around the venue and not taking part in activity. During activity we continue to follow the guidance provided by Volleyball England (our National Governing Body). As part of this we surveyed attendees to help us determine what Covid-19 measures you wanted us to put in place after 19 July 2021 and these session rules and our risk assessments reflect that. We will keep this under review and advise of any changes.
You can view the Club’s risk assessments here and you should familiarise yourself with these prior to sessions.
You must follow the instructions of the Coaches and organisers at all sessions.
- Travelling to sessions and arrival at venue
You should follow best practice for travel as advised by the UK Government from time to time. Each of our venues has car parking.
- What to bring
Sharing of equipment will be limited as much as possible. You should bring:
• a facemask which may be required to be worn in venue in order to get to your activity. Please follow venue guidelines and requirements for this;
• your own hand sanitiser with a least 60% alcohol content and you should use this before and after each session and during each break;
• your own full water bottle which should be labelled or highly distinguishable in order to avoid any confusion; and
• your own sweat/fitness towel, foam roller, resistance band, joint supports or any other equipment you need for warm up/warm down or during activities.
5. During the session
Follow the instructions of the relevant coach or organiser and take care at all times to respect the other participants and any Club volunteers. If you have any concerns please speak to the coach or your Team Manager or email the Covid-19 officer (Clare) at email@example.com.
During sessions please:
- minimise on court contact such as high-fives or handshaking utilising elbow bumps/fist bumps as a preference and taking into account any preferences of your follow attendees (please respect them if they do not wish to have physical contact) all breaks.
- sanitise your hands regularly and in line with the requests made by the session organiser/coach.
- assist with any sanitising of the balls as required by the session organiser/coach
- If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms whilst at the session ensure that the coach or team manger present is informed and avoid touching anything. Cough or sneeze into a tissue and put it in a bin, or if a tissue is not available, cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
6. After the session
At the end of each session we may be cleaning all balls and equipment. Please do play your part in helping with this on a rotation basis to help keep everyone safe.
If you have Covid-19 symptoms or test positive for Covid-19 after a session and need to provide contact details to Test and Trace please provide them with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org so we can liaise with them accordingly. You should also follow the guidance on self-isolation and not return to activity until your period of self-isolation has been completed in accordance with UK Government guidelines.
By signing up to the session you understand that you will provide your contact details to Coventry and Warwick Riga Volleyball Club (via the booking system or otherwise) and you consent to them holding the details and, if required, passing these to the third party venue hosting the session, the NHS or any other Government body as part of the NHS test and trace programme relating to Covid-19. For the junior sessions that are booked on a block you are consenting to your details being passed on for Test and Trace relating to any session whether or not that session is attended (if you are contacted you can inform them whether or not you attended the specific session).
Spectators are permitted to watch training/games. We respectfully ask all spectators in the hall not partaking in activity wear a face covering at all times for the safety of our members and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns about attending the session please do speak to your coach or team manager or any other member of the committee or email email@example.com. We want to keep everyone safe – please do look after each other.